Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tuyosilog: when did you last have it?


We have a  Pinterest page and in one of our boards, we have pins that are specifically for breakfasts which we named "Your Monday Breakfast ideas". We are pinning breakfast ideas every Monday so that you can plan your breakfast meals for the whole week. 


But we just couldn't wait till Monday to post this breakfast favorite of ours which is perfect for your meatless Friday : Tuyosilog! Tuyosilog is short for Tuyo (Dried salted fish), singangag (fried rice) and itlog (Egg).


I've never had tuyo in a long while so when I saw this at The Hut (inside Island Pacific Panorama City) I didn't think twice about ordering it. It was cooked well and crispy, the saltiness is just about right especially when you dip it in spiced vinegar-- the saltiness wears off. I have enough energy to last me the whole day, thanks to this power Filipino breakfast! 



by: Charina Vergara

No comments:

Post a Comment