It is often used in stews and soups. It isn't tasty by itself, so it needs some salt and other flavour to be added. Meals with Pechay are often completed with other vegetables and fish or meat.
Pechay with Sardines
1 bundle pechay, cut crosswise into thin strips
2 cans small Ligo red label sardines
1/2 head garlic, crushed, chopped
1 medium size onion, chopped
1 medium size tomato, chopped
1. Wash and drain pechay, cut crosswise into thin strips, separate the stalks from the green leafy part.
2. In a skillet, sauté garlic, onion and tomato.
3. Add 1 cup of water let boil and simmer for a minute, season with salt to taste.
4. Add pechay stalks first and cook for a minute, add in sardines and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Add rest of the green leafy part of pechay simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
6. Serve hot.