Friday, March 30, 2012

Chocolate Chip Wheat Cookies: my first dip in baking





I have never baked cookies from scratch for as long as I remember. I always buy those ready mix cookie dough. I thought baking cookies is hard but I was mistaken-- it was actually quite easy, you just have to find the time to do it. Baking gives you a certain high especially when you get good feedback about it. My eldest daughter brought cookies to school and to feed her friends and they all liked it. She wanted me to bake again because they tasted so good! The compliment was enough for me to convince myself that I can indeed bake. But of course, the best part is that I baked the cookies with the help of my two daughters. It was one of those bonding moments that are ....priceless!


So I am sharing the recipe here. I hope you'll also find the time to bake. This is a good de-stressing activity too. Happy baking!




CHOCOLATE CHIP WHEAT COOKIES


2 cups shortening
1 1/2 cups C & H white sugar
2 tsp soda (sprite)
4 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp Vanilla 
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp salt
4 tsp water
2 cups chocolate chips



  • Blend shortening with brown sugar
  • Add white sugar and eggs
  • Add all other ingredients, except flour, and mix well.
  • Add flour, one cup at a time. 
  • Add chocolate chips.
  • Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet.
  • Bake 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees 





by: Charina Vergara

No comments:

Post a Comment