WARM SHRIMP COCKTAIL W/ HORSERADISH COCKTAIL SAUCE
2 lbs 16-20 black tiger shrimp, shell on (deveined & cleaned)
1 cup unsalted butter
4 cups water
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
6 cups ice
HORSERADISH COCKTAIL SAUCE
1 cup ketchup
2 tbsp horseradish sauce
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
to taste salt & pepper
- start with a big smile on your face before cooking
- devein and clean the shrimp, put them in the refrigerator until ready to use
- make the brine by mixing water, salt, sugar and ice in a bowl. make sure to taste the brine and make necessary adjustments (the brine has a little sweetness and saltiness to it)
- place the shrimp in the brine, and let it brine for at least 45 minutes.
- make the horseradish cocktail sauce by mixing the ketchup, horseradish sauce, worscestershire sauce, lemon juice using a whisk.
- taste the sauce, and make necessary adjustments with salt and pepper.
- store in the refrigerator until ready to serve with the shrimp
- after the brining process, grill or sautee the shrimp. This would take about 2 minutes on each side to cook. Make sure to brush or baste them with butter as they cook.
Isla Kulinarya lets you explore the islands, taste the food, relive the memories -- all made possible by Island Pacific Supermarket. Go and visit an Island Pacifc near you with branches in Southern California located at Cerritos, Canoga Park, North and South Vermont in Los Angeles, Panorama City and West Covina; Union City and Vallejo in Northern California.