2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup raisins
4 ea banana
½ cup light rum
top it with jackfruit icecream
- add the butter and brown sugar in the saute pan over low heat until it melts.
- add the nuts and raisins, and cook for another two minutes moving the pan rapidly.
- cut the bananas into bite size, and add it into the mixture, and turn the heat over medium. Cook it for another 3 minutes moving it rapidly.
- turn the heat to high, and add the light rum (you might want to step back because this will create fire. This is called “flambe”) and cook until the fire from the alcohol is gone/evaporates.
- plate on a serving plate, and top with icecream.
- serve right away.
THE FARMER’S DRINK
fresh apples, oranges, & carrots
Farmers’ market drink
(You must have a juicer for this)
Combine all ingredients in the juicer.
Serve with ice
Isla Kulinarya lets you explore the islands, taste the food, relive the memories -- all made possible by Island Pacific Supermarket. Go and visit an Island Pacifc near you with branches in Southern California located at Cerritos, Canoga Park, North and South Vermont in Los Angeles, Panorama City and West Covina; Union City and Vallejo in Northern California.Check out our website at www.islandpacificmarket.com. Stay connected with us-- find us on Facebook @island pacific market, follow us on Twitter @islandpacificUS and Blogger @island pacific market. For your comments, suggestions and request for recipes that you want us to feature, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Presyong Sulit... sa Island Pacific.