8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1/4 cup fresh Lemon juice
2 tbsp simple sugar
Ingredients for simple sugar:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 handful of fresh basil , minced
How to make simple sugar:
1. In a pan, combine water and sugar, should be sand consistency.
2. In a medium fire, let it simmer for 5 minutes. Do not mix.
3. When the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture has a clear consistency, the syrup is already done.
1. In a blender or food processor, cover and process the watermelon, fresh lemon juice and simple sugar in batches until smooth. Pour into a freezer-proof container.
2. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes or until edges begin to freeze. Stir and return to freezer. Spoon 3/4 cup into bowls or glasses. Serve immediately.
CHEF DRIF (DINDO RIFORSADO)
Chef Drif has a long and distinguished career in the culinary arts industry. He has worked in various upscale restaurants in Los Angeles such as La Defence Restaurant, Kado Japanese & Teppanyaki Restaurant; and Sushiko Kosher Japanese cuisine. He has mastered the art of culinary and has an extensive knowledge on a wide range of International cuisines. Currently, he is a Private Chef catering to private parties and events.