1. In a wok, pour oil. Turn fire to high. Brown all the meats and put aside. Note: Lightly brown chicken last
3. Add tomatoes. Saute for 3 minutes. Add Bay leaves and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add pork or beef. Saute and cook for 20 minutes. Add chicken. Cook for another 10 minutes. Add chorizo. Mix and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add water and chicken base. Mix. Bring to a boil for 15 minutes.
6. Add patis. Mix. Simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add string beans and sweet potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add plantain, cook for another 10 minutes, add mashed plantain (saba)
9. Add bok choy. Cook for 5 minutes.
10. Serve hot with steam rice on the side.
Chef Soc Inonog
Dean and Director Emeritus, Culinary Arts College and Development
International Students Departments, Johnson & Wales University Providence, R.I.
The First Certified Culinary Educator by the American Culinary Federation (ACF)